President Obama served as guest editor for the November issue of Wired, and the entire print issue is worth investing in. Here are articles that might be of interest to those of you focused more on the civic and government technology fronts.
17 Nov 2016
[caption id=”attachment_21882” align=”alignright” width=”186”] Source: Wired[/caption]
President Obama served as guest editor for the November issue of Wired, and the entire print issue is worth investing in.
Here are a few articles that might be of interest to those of you focused more on the civic and government technology fronts:
- How to Design the Perfect City Intersection
- Inside the Battle to Bring Broadband to New York's Public Housing
- San Quentin Inmates Are Preparing for Freedom By Learning to Code
- Immigrants Fuel Innovation. America Should Not Waste Their Potential
- Inside the OPM Hack, The Cyberattack that Shocked the US Government
- Hey Silicon Valley: President Obama Has a To-Do List for You
Quotable from Obama:
We are far better equipped to take on the challenges we face than ever before. I know that might sound at odds with what we see and hear these days in the cacophony of cable news and social media. But the next time you’re bombarded with over-the-top claims about how our country is doomed or the world is coming apart at the seams, brush off the cynics and fearmongers. Because the truth is, if you had to choose any time in the course of human history to be alive, you’d choose this one. Right here in America, right now.